Thursday, October 25, 2007

NUMBER 23, I MADE IT!

I can't believe it, I'm finally at number 23. It's been a great experience, though at times I did want to pick up the computer and throw it as far as I could. If nothing else, it's shown me if I stick with something I can finish it, no matter the roadblocks. I appreciate the help of Megan, Benola, and of course the Library 2.0 mavens, Louisa, Barb, and Michelle. Without their help, I'd be stuck back in the single digits I'm sure.
Although I use the computer every day, I still am awed by what it can do and the portals it can open for us. The problem is always which door do you choose, number 1, 2, or 800? I've had fun and learned a lot. Unfortunately, I've forgotten things I've done, too, but I know I can go back here and refresh my memory if I need to do so. At least now, if someone asks me about blogging, RSS feeds, or avatars, I can respond without having a huge question mark hanging over my head.
In response to the question would I take up a challenge like this again, I'd say "definitely" because I'm always willing to try new things - except for skydiving like Cathy C. I would recommend, however, that we have the technology to do the things we're asked to do before we start. Some of the problems I had were due to the inability to access a site or have the upgrade needed to do the task. I know some of the problems would have happened anyway, but although "it's all about me", I did feel badly about bothering the tech guys when they have so much other stuff on their plates. I appreciate their help in all this also.
And last, but not least, I'd like to thank the academy.

1 comment: